Bret brings more than 30 years of commercial real estate leadership delivering solutions for asset services including marketing, leasing, property management, redevelopment, and investments. After 20 years in the industry, Bret became president and co-founder of CAPSTAR commercial real estate services, a full-service real estate company. After a successful 10 year run, the company was sold and Bret began a series of positions that allowed him to direct some of the nations top commercial real estate firms.
- Interim Managing Principal & Dallas Market Leader | Cushman & Wakefield
- Coordinated the merger between Cassidy Turley/DTZ and Cushman & Wakefield Dallas. Directed growth of the company leading all service lines.
- Upon recruiting his replacement, Bret directed institutional services including Capital Markets, Agency Leasing & Property Management.
- Regional Managing Principal | Cassidy Turley/DTZ
- Led full-service commercial real estate organizations in Dallas, Houston, and Denver
- Board of Directors | Cassidy Turley / DTZ
- President & Co-Founder | Capstar Commercial Real Estate Services
- Responsible for over 24 million square feet, $3.8 Billon office & data center portfolio in Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Memphis, St. Louis and Phoenix
- Co-Founder & Partner | Capstar Real Estate Advisors
- Since 2006, the firm invested in more than $193 million in real estate, repositioning assets to achieve impressive results.
- South Division President, National Leasing Director | Jones Lang LaSalle
- Managed offices in Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Phoenix, and oversaw 220 million square foot North American office leasing.
- American National Insurance Company
- Behringer Harvard
- Calpers Investment
- CBRE Realty Trust
- Colony Realty Partners, LLC
- CommonWealth Partners
- Franklin Street Properties Corp.
- Lexington Realty Trust
- Metzler North America
- Parmenter Realty Advisor
- TA Realty
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- The Real Estate Council (TREC)
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- National Association for Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP)
- Dallas Regional Chamber, Advisory Board
- Search Ministries, Advisory Board
- Youth Believing in Change
- Children’s Health